Today is Thanksgiving in the United States. Being Canadian, for me Thanksgiving will always be in October but it is always worthwhile pausing and thinking about all that we have for which we can be truly thankful.
My gratitude list is easy to make. The top 10:
1. My partner, best friend and husband, Javier
2. My two healthy, beautiful, curious and energetic boys, Nash and Rio
3. My FAMILY-parents, siblings, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents who love and support us
4. My FRIENDS- back in Canada, here in the USA and spread across various countries who give support, comfort and laughter, nourishing my soul
5. My health- 40 and still able to run after two little boys and able to make my body do pretty much whatever I want it to do
6. A comfortable home
7. Healthy food on the table, in the fridge and easily accessible at farmers’ markets and grocery stores
8. Clothes for all seasons
It was actually difficult to limit it to 10!!!
It is imperative to me that we teach Nash and Rio the importance of being grateful and the importance of giving- time, help and things. To that end, this morning we went through their toys and books and filled two big boxes of things to give to a shelter for families. I explained to Nash that some people don’t even have homes to sleep in and some children don’t have toys to play with. He “got it”. After we had boxed it all, he decided that he wanted to write a note and draw a picture for the people who would be receiving the things we were giving away.
He signed it “Love Nash”. I taped it on the side.
Today, I am grateful for so much. What are you thankful for?